Design your own Batik!
Batik is a textile art technique from the Nusantara archipelago where patterns are formed through a repeated process of applying dye-resisting agent (wax commonly), dyeing and wax removal on a piece of cloth. In this workshop, we will go through the basic techniques of batik making on a medium size artworks, including:
- Designing and transferring the design onto the cloth;
- Applying dye-resist agent on to the cloth to create the batik patterns;
- Dyeing of textile.
- Removing the dye-resist agent.
This interactive session will be spiced up with fun facts about the green practices in modern batik-making, such as natural dyeing, and pick up simple tips to taking care of your old batik cloths and how to use your newly created artwork.
This workshop is suitable for beginner, no prior experience required.
Adult supervision is required for children under 12 years old. A child- adult pair ticket is required.
- The event description was updated. Diff#477875 2019-09-30 06:28:32
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM SGT
Ticket for 1 pax SOLD OUT $98.00 Ticket for 1 pair ( 1 Adult & 1 Child) SOLD OUT $148.00
- Venue Address
- 107 North Bridge Road Singapore
The Green Collective SG1,074 Followers